Monday, October 18, 2010

16.10.2010 Turku Fanatic Day 1

I'm in kind of a hurry so I'll skip straight into reporting games. Lists I used and tournament format is in earlier post.


Game 1: Mortenebra vs epic Feora (Killbox)

Amazing and awesome game all and all, real kickstart to tournament! Anyway, here's a picture taken after first rounds movements. Feora had bonded Redeemer, Vanquisher and plenty of things that puts automatic Fire on things. I have once earlier faced epic Feora with Witch Coven and she managed to put two of my witches to fire with good deviations from Redeemer. So I had a certain worried feeling of the upcoming match.

But then, here's a picture of end of opponents turn 2 before my movements. Red beads mean people burning.

You can't really see epic Feora in that picture but she's behind that one hill in middle of warjacks. But anyway, I saw an assasination possibility, actually pretty damn sure one. I allocated three focus to Slayer and one to Harrower.

Gorman moved forwards and so did Mortenebra. Mortenebra put up Terminal Velocity and her feat. Withershadow Combine put Puppet Master on Slayer.

Harrower charged the Temple Flameguard and gave them a good butchering. Then I overran Slayer closer. Here's a close-up that was taken to illustrate the situation. Red circle shows Feora's position because she's so well hidden behind that warjack.

Anyway, Feora camped 3 focus so was sitting at arm 20. Free charge and free attack roll boosts and every single roll of "fail" available to re-roll weren't enough to bring her down. She was left with 1 hit point. In hindisight I really should have used Combo-Strike because with Withershadow Combine's re-roll I would have most certainly put up some real good damage to Feora and after that I should have bought one additional attack AND boosted the damage. But no, I rolled all separately, hoping for good rolls with re-rolls.

Well, however it happened so that game didn't actually end there and then. Mortenebra survived opponents turn and game continued.

Feora healed one damage point because of corrosion and stuff. Slayer got wrecked good but I really didn't get any too serious casualties. Tartarus went down but did good job in tying up Vanquisher. Feora used her feat too and all the important guys on my side were on fire and Feora was sitting nicely camping 7 or 8 focus but with only 2 health left.

Here's another picture of what was happening by then.

I allocated three focus to Harrower and cleared up a route to Feora with all I got. It wasa bit of a mess because we had to rewind a bit because we both forgot that Covenant was saying there that no spellcasting allowed. Anyway, I managed to get my Harrower to position but without Terminal Velocity up. I don't remember how the rolls went except that I got one damage boosted roll in but didn't roll high enough though if I remember right I didn't need THAT amazing rolls to finish her.

Anyway, then I remembered I hadn't used Deryliss yet because I thought that he could not get close enough to give Harrower overrun or anything.

So, Feora was at 2 health and Doom Spiral gives d3 points of damage to a warcaster that controls the warjack I damage with Doom Spiral.

Hitting that Vanquisher you see in the picture was the easy part. Then I needed to roll over arm 19 with pow 12. I rolled exactly 8, giving in one point. Then... on one dice, 3+ kills Feora.

I rolled a 2.

That was about all I could do.

Next Feora moves forward and Fire Steps to a position you can see in picture and personally kills Mortenebra in close combat.

Thrilling game.


Game 2: Venethrax vs Karchev (Capture the Butch "flag")

Second game was a bit less thrilling. Also I don't understand myself any longer - why did I ever pick up Venethrax when I was facing Khador? I know I was thinking that Venethrax would be better against the two other lists opponent had and I thought scenario didn't favor Karchev so didn't expect him.

Oh well. You always learn new things. Also you learn old things. Like Line of Sight. Here's a picture that tells all you need to know.

Karchev upkeeping Tow even while he was under my Lamentation, running ahead and putting two heavy warjacks with reach next to those bane thralls I put on front of Venethrax. Game over.

I tried to be all scheming and clever and denying easy tramples next to my warcaster but, well. That didn't really work out?


Game 3: Mortenebra vs Grim Angus (Destruction)

Third game was really short too.

You can see Grim Angus in attached picture. Then you can see those Fennblades, Tartarus and Harrower. Tartarus ran next to Grim Angus. Mortenebra moved as far as she could and put up Terminal Velocity and her feat. She had allocated three focus to Harrower and Admonia had upkept Spectral Steel on Harrower.

Deryliss put Overrun on Harrower.

Then Farrower charged the Fennblades. Killed three with thresher and Overran to Grim Angus. Grim had two fury left for transfers. But still it meant 6x pow 16 attacks with attack rolls boosted and able to re-roll any misses and utterly failed damage rolls while Tartarus gave -2 to Grim's armor (though that only offset the bonus from those stone bearer thingys.)

That victory didn't actually even feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment